Originally posted on the Hauser Creek Farm Facebook Page on Friday, July 22, 2011 at 12:57pm
Prepare a lavender infusion:
- Combine 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh (culinary) lavender (buds and leaves) in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat and let steep for at least 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Strain and reserve liquid infusion.
- Peel 1 large, ripe peach; remove and discard pit and peel.
- Slice peach and place in blender.
- Add 1 cup ice cubes, 1 tablespoon lavender infusion, and 1/2 cup chilled sparkling water (such as Perrier or Pelligrino).
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with fresh lavender sprig.
Serves 2. Enjoy!